Friday, December 16, 2011

Is mcdonald monopoly online 2008 really a random roll dice?

I had about 50 game pieces. so i thought i was definitely going to win.


so i enter it 10 pieces everyday. I almost got all the property but in every color i just need 1 more property. So i land in the same properties


almost every time. It's like the game doesn't want me to win. Is it a random roll dice?|||I'm sure it's not random at all. If it were random rolls of dice, too many people would win.|||I agree, there is no way that McD's would allow totally random rolls. It was simply be fiscally irresponsible in that they would be giving away too much money and once you win, you aren't going to continue buying game pieces. I had heard some co-workers talking about it and tested it out over the last two days; rolling twenty times and have landed on ten different property squares. Not bad odds... But if you think about it: At the beginning of the game there were 26 "unclaimed properties" and now there are only 16... and at the beginning of the game there are 14 other squares that don't help you in this online version where collection of properties it all that really matters. So after twenty rolls I have reduced my chances of landing on a helpful square from 65% to 40%... Now this is purely by the numbers and does not take into account the variants of rolling (even though, as I stated, I don't think the rolls are random) the math would go something like this:


______________Helpful___Other


_____Starting:__26 ______14 (65%-Collecting 10 squares avg)


__After 20 rolls:___16______24 (40%-Collecting 6 sqr. avg)


__After 40 rolls:___10______ 30 (25%-Collecting 2 sqr. avg)


__After 60 rolls:___ 8______ 32 (20%-Collecting 1.5 sqr. avg)


__After 80 rolls:___ 7______33 (18%-Collect slightly %26gt;1 sqr avg)


__After 100rolls:___ 6_______34 (15%-Collecting %26lt;1 sqr. avg)


So the math alone--barring any "rigging" by the corporation--would suggest that you would have to roll in excess of sixty times before you would have any real chance of winning a cash prize. Also, remember that this game was designed by Hasbro* with pieces that you are mathematically less likely to land on due to the nature of the game... Basically I was really bored here at work and all I really needed to say was don't expect to win on the on-line version of the game either. |||Try inputting your game piece ###codes at 3am. Less people online, than say at high noon lunch time and after work/school.





I just had my heart yanked out. Rolled a 11 and it landed on Luxury tax, right before Boardwalk.





So far I landed on community chest twice. Each worth 25 Coke Reward Points. Whooppeeeee! |||Its pseudo random not actually true randomness.

No comments:

Post a Comment